My film will be an action thriller. Films that have similar aspects to my film are Taken, The Equalizer, The Bourne films and Salt. Salt is similar to my film as a female spy is the main character in the film and in my film Agent Thomas is the main character. Taken has a similar aspect to my film because a someone is kidnapped and there is a lot of action and deaths in the films. The equalizer and 'The Bourne' films both have action in them and are thrillers.
How my film will attract audiences
My film will attract audiences of both genres as there is a male and female dominated role. This will encourage people to watch the film as the role of a spy is often played by a male however, in our film there are two main MI5 agents (a male and female). This may attract some women to watch the film to see how a female agent will manage the case. A film that has a main female role is 'Salt' This film was very popular and was one of the reasons why Angelia Jolie was one of our original choices of actresses for the role of Agent Thomas as she plays the role of a spy very well.
After looking at different reasons why films like mine were successful, we have tried to use these in our films to increase the audience numbers. By looking at reviews and box office numbers it allowed us to know how well a film did by the amount of people in the audience. The reason people may have watched these films is because how good the production was, where is was distributed (mainstream cinemas or picture house cinemas), how well the film was marketed and exhibited.
'The Bourne Supremacy' had ratings and reviews. The box office was £176 million and on the reviews on rotten tomato people said it is:
'A thriller with a brain, a grown up film for grown ups'
'It is a spy film for adults and it avoids over the top pyrotechnics and jokey one-liners, and instead delivers a mature, intelligent thriller.'
'director Paul Greengrass masterfully blends sight, sound and silence to do much more than entertain: This film leaves a deep psychological imprint.
By reading this I will ensure the film is mature and serious to suit the theme of the film being a thriller. As the film will be a 15 certification the film is aimed at young adults and adults anyway and therefore can show violence expected in a thriller. One of the ratings say that the director does well in the film. This means that when I direct the film I need to ensure that I make sure the film runs smoothly and actors follow my direction etc.
'Salt' had good ratings with a box office of £118.3 million. The reviews on rotten tomato say:
'Fun and exciting. An interesting twist at the end. It's just fun for a Friday evening...and Jolie's nice to look at!'
'Salt has some exciting chase sequences'
By these reviews I need to ensure there is a good main actress as many people say that they like Angelina Jolie. I will also make sure that the film is exciting and people look forward to what is going to happen throughout the film and that it is not too predictable.
After researching into films that are similar to my film because of their genre and the ways in which they attracted the audience, I will have to ensure that the actors in my film will be good. Although my production company is independent and therefore there is not much financing (so the actors will not be mainstream and very famous), I will still need to ensure the actors suit their role and are good at their job otherwise people will not want to watch the film and audience figures will go down. I will consider the technology I am using and ensure there is a great storyline to my film. I will distribute my film to mainstream cinemas that are placed around the country so that many people are able to watch the film exhibited in the cinemas. I will advertise the film so that people are aware of the films existents by using social media which reaches many people and at the cinemas etc although big billboards will probably not be an option due to the expense of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment